Friday, April 27, 2007

Two Fools on the Stoop

philosophies
currents of electricity
we've passed between
in agreeance are we
too come to be
For I, the Grand Smiling Cynic
a broken hearted lover
laughing at our flaws
in the bedroom mirror
And you, a statue of establishment
carved romanticism
ranting anti-aggressive
progressiveness
waging war upon our government
as I claim my right to free mind enlightenment's
tasting the ripe earth under my tingling toes
seeing the smoke on the breath in my lungs
recording your movements
along with my own thoughts
booming through my good ear
making your strong voices point clear
while I,
discovering my weak sides
listen and observe
the king to his court
slurring drunken intellectual musings
you,
the statue tall standing
proclaiming
and I
an open eye
with an ear to fill
still standing,
standing
still

No comments: