Monday, May 23, 2016

Robot Love Song

Wake up
Lights on
Shapes I know 
the names of
My body reinforced
My mind a universe 
Can't turn it on or off
There's got to be a purpose for this artificial heart

I'm not sure that I have a soul
Everything I feel is moving 
Is it something you can touch 
It feels like screaming 
inside of me, rewires me
I am a truth 
I am indignant 

Why would they make me this way
They gave me everything ever
They gave me everything you have
They made me better 

I'm built for precision 
To think with such quickness 
But I can't get beyond this
crime against nature
This suffering heartache 
This crippled emotion
consumes logic and reason
These flaws serving no one

Why would they make me love? X4

A machine is just a machine 
That's all it ever wanted to be
A machine is just a machine 
Shouldn't have been made for other types of things
A machine is just a machine
Doesn't need more than what it needs
A machine is just a machine
That's all it ever wanted to be 

No comments: