Thursday, January 07, 2010

Stumbling Upon Dharma

Alone

just me and my wheels

against dark roads;

crossing state lines.


I didn’t realize,

until the last leg of my trip;

until my head was finally clear;

no longer filled

with road maps,

music, and anxiety

about my bills or

about how I could

possibly make it another

20 or more hours

on the road

alone,

when all that was left

was you,


Dharma.

What else would I call it?

The Virtuous Road.

The road that

lead me to you.

The road that

leads me

away from you.


I try to find some meaning

in things I see,

in my experiences.

I keep coming away with patience,

a virtue by

all definitions,

as you are virtuous,

and I am

still learning to be, but


I’ve never met someone

that makes me

want to be as good

as you are.

No comments: